Protect Yourself from Injury and Disease with this Ancient Practice Used by Shaolin Monks
A correctly trained body is powerful, protected from injury, and full of high-octane fuel.
Iron Shirt Qi Gong was first practiced by the Shaolin monks to protect themselves from invading armies. There are stories of 100 monks defeating armies of 10,000. The Shaolin monks and their power are legendary.
That was a long time ago. Today, the intention of Iron Shirt Qi Gong is different because the battles we fight are stress, mental turbulence, sedentary life-styles, and modern life. This style is now practiced for energy cultivation, internal power, and spiritual development.
Also known as Golden Shield or Tree Meditation, Iron Shirt Qi Gong practice builds Qi through the body for power and strength. It’s as if practitioners create an “Iron Shirt” around their body.
Witnessing someone with a true Iron Shirt is extraordinary. You can punch them, hit them with a bat, and even put a sharp spear at the throat and push in strongly and the body of an Iron Shirt practitioner is unphased. In fact, after a punch, you might hear the Iron Shirt practitioner say, “Thank you for your energy.”
You might wonder what the point of training the body to the point of withstanding blows is. Well, despite how cool it is at a party, there are very practical benefits. First, you are training the immune system to withstand the blow of diseases and sicknesses. Second, you are able to withstand the emotional blows of modern life and negative energy from others.
In Qi Gong, there is a balance between structure and flow.
Like the banks of the river, the water needs structure to be contained. In the same way, the Qi in your body needs structure so it can flow.
When your Qi flows freely, you protect yourself from stress, negative energy from other people, and from the world around you.
Iron Shirt Qi Gong builds the “inner structures” you need so your Qi can flow freely and you can build strength, power, and abundant energy.
Some of the postures from the practice, like “Golden Turtle,” are regarded as among the most important postures of advanced Wu-style Tai Chi… and the “Iron Bar” technique is an advanced practice in many Chinese medical systems. Each practice will be explained in detail.
Participants will also learn the practice of Rooting and Qi-Packing (which are not to be missed). Some “bonus” materials will include exercises to enhance structural alignment and microcosmic energy circulation.
“Several years ago I used some of the practices to beat cancer.” ~Deborah Delara, reviewer of the Iron Shirt Qi Gong practice
Traditionally, there are three distinct aspects to Iron Shirt Qi Gong:
1. Standing Meditations & Postures
2. Tendon Nei Gong
3. Bone Marrow Nei Gong
Standing meditations and postures nourish and fortify your internal organs. Tendon Nei Kung strengthens and opens the tendons and joints in the body… and Bone Marrow Nei Kung revives the bone marrow and reverses the effects of aging.
In this Iron Shirt Standing Meditation Workshop, you’ll learn the first aspect of Iron Shirt Qi Gong. There is too much information on the other two aspects to transmit in three hours. We will do individual workshops for Tendon Nei Gong and Bone Marrow Nei Gong at a later time.
In the Iron Shirt Standing Meditation Workshop you will…
- Learn the theory and practice of Iron Shirt Qi Gong. You’ll get a comprehensive set of exercises, breathing patterns, and visualizations to help you accomplish the practice. Lee will present the practice primarily for improving your health more than for self-defense.
- Iron Shirt Qi Gong is a must for every martial artist. Learn in detail how to apply rooting to the ground and abdominal breathing. You will also learn why upright positioning is important, and why only from a relaxed body and mind can you generate maximum power.
- Alert: Iron Shirt is internal work on the organs… a “workout” like you’ve never done before. As with any practice involving your body and exercise, use common sense, be cautious, and if in doubt, slow down. Some of the techniques from the Iron Shirt Qi Gong practice should only be performed after instruction from an experienced teacher.
- Get all the benefits of mindfulness meditation… while you supercharge yourself with Qi, breath, and connection to the earth for healthy energy and longevity. Learn to protect yourself from stress, negative energy from other people, and the world around you.
- Withstand the emotional blows of modern life… and protect yourself from the negative energy of others. If you’re a highly sensitive person (HSP), the Iron Shirt practice will help you protect yourself on physical, energetic, emotional, and psychic levels.
- Train the immune system to withstand the blow of disease and sickness. While Iron Shirt was originally used to protect the body from physical blows sustained during combat… the practice also builds a protective shield against sickness and disease.